Framed Glass Balustrade
- 48.3mm diameter stainless steel baluster posts
- 100mm diameter welded base plates – 4 x 11mm diameter fixing holes (80mm Pitch Circle Diameter) ** see drawing below
- 105mm diameter cover plate – 25mm deep
- Maximum baluster post spacing is 1250mm centres.
- 48.3mm diameter stainless steel handrail – pre- cut to size and drilled at correct post centres
- 10mm toughened glass panels – holes in glass to prevent glass slipping (rectangle glass only)
- Modular “push fit” connectors (adapters and stem connections available)
- Elbow and wall connectors available
- Stainless steel is Grade 316 (Grade 304 is available on request for internal projects)
- Stainless steel is available in satin or mirror polish
- 1104mm overall height ** Special heights available on request
All toughened glass is compliant with EN12150-1 / 2 & class 1 impact tested
Glass has 5mm radius corners as standard
Glass is not heat soaked unless specifically requested
System is load tested to meet 0.74 KN/m UDL – suitable for residential and light commercial use - test data available on request
System is also available to meet 1.5 KN/m UDL on request – please contact us to discuss this option
- Product testing was conducted on a concrete floor - Deflection performance of balustrade (under load) can vary from test data if mounting to other substrates, ultimately the performance of balustrade will be determined by the strength of substrate and quality of fixing achieved - if in doubt over suitability of your substrate please consult a structural engineer.
Floor Fixing anchors are not supplied by WPS – use appropriate anchors for mounting substrate
System was tested into concrete using M10 stainless steel rod (100mm length) – fixed into concrete with Fischer Hybrid Mortar resin and secured with M10 Washers and nuts.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Stainless steel is not completely maintenance free, but it’s easy to maintain.
Simply wash the stainless steel periodically with soapy water to keep the original appearance, the glass panels can be added to your window cleaners round, or simply clean with readily available glass cleaning products