Semi Frameless Glass Balustrade
- 48.3mm diameter stainless steel baluster posts
- 100mm diameter welded base plates – 4 x 11mm diameter fixing holes (80mm Pitch Circle Diameter) ** see drawing below
- 105mm diameter cover plate – 25mm deep
- End cap in post tops
- Maximum baluster post spacing is 1250mm centres.
- 10mm toughened glass or 11.52mm “toughened and laminated” glass – see glass information below
- Stainless steel is Grade 316
- Stainless steel is available in satin or mirror polish
- 1100mm overall height / 1050mm glass height - see drawing below ** Special heights available on request
All toughened glass is compliant with EN12150-1 / 2 & class 1 impact tested
Laminated glass is manufactured in accordance with EN12543 1-6
Glass has 5mm radius corners as standard
Glass is not heat soaked unless specifically requested
Semi frameless glass balustrades are available with either 10mm toughened glass, or 11.52mm “toughened and laminated” glass
- 11.52mm “toughened and laminated” is required to be compliant with BS 6180:2011, compliance with BS 6180:2011 is required when protecting a fall risk greater than 600mm.
- 10mm toughened glass is suitable for low areas (fall risk below 600mm) or for non-fall protection use (such as wind breaks / partitions)
System is load tested to meet 0.74 KN/m UDL – suitable for residential and light commercial use - test data available on request
Product testing was conducted on a concrete floor - Deflection performance of balustrade (under load) can vary from test data if mounting to other substrates, ultimately the performance of balustrade will be determined by the strength of substrate and quality of fixing achieved - we advise consulting a structural engineer to check suitability of substrate. .
Floor Fixing anchors are not supplied by WPS – use appropriate anchors for mounting substrate
System was tested into concrete using M10 stainless steel rod (100mm length) – fixed into concrete with Fischer Hybrid Mortar resin and secured with M10 Washers and nuts.
Cleaning and maintenance
Stainless steel is not completely maintenance free, but it’s easy to maintain.
Simply wash the stainless steel periodically with soapy water to keep the original appearance, the glass panels can be added to your window cleaners round, or simply clean with readily available glass cleaning products